High Dose Vitamin C
The use of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) in high doses intravenously has been studied since the early 1970s. It was first considered for use with cancer patients by Nobel Prize winner Dr. Linus Pauling along with several other noted physicians. This was a result of determining that cancer was a disease of changes in connective tissue caused by a lack of vitamin C. In the 1970’s, it was proposed that high-dose ascorbic acid could help build resistance to disease or infection and possibly treat cancer.
Many studies have been made over the years with the following results shown:
- Treatment with high-dose vitamin C slowed the growth and spread of prostate, pancreatic, liver, colon, malignant mesothelioma, neuroblastoma, and other types of cancer cells.
- Combining high-dose vitamin C with certain types of chemotherapy may be more effective than chemotherapy alone:
- Ascorbic acid with arsenic trioxide may be more effective in ovarian cancer cells.
- Ascorbic acid with gemcitabine may be more effective in pancreatic cancer cells.
- Ascorbic acid with gemcitabine and epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) may be more effective in malignant mesothelioma cells.
- Another laboratory study suggested that combining high-dose vitamin C with radiation therapy killed more glioblastoma multiforme cells than radiation therapy alone.
It was also found that even taking Vitamin C orally provided less side effects from more aggressive cancer treatments. However the use of high doses Vitamin C intravenously provides the most positive results.
Dr. John Dempster provides this option in his clinic with positive results for his patients.
Dr. Dempster has found that most individuals, once diagnosed with cancer, tend to investigate many options as part of their treatment plan. Vitamin C is an option that should be considered. We invite you to contact Dr. Dempster to determine if this is an alternative or added option for you or a family member.
For more information that might be helpful in making the decision to implement this option please click on High Dose IV Vitamin C for Cancer for more specific information please click on this link. This can also be downloaded to present to your oncologist.
To learn more about High Dose Vitamin C Treatments, please contact us or call us at 416.551.9577.
Click here to schedule a complimentary consultation with The Dempster Clinic.↑